In a move to further strengthen its capabilities and local market presence, Wells Fargo’s Business Banking Group (BBG), part of Wells Fargo & Company, announced it has moved from three to seven regions, with a banking leader appointed for each. With the new geographic presence, Wells Fargo can provide its Business Banking customers with more localized support and market expertise. In order to best serve customers in specific industries, BBG also established a new National Specialty Industry Group, which will focus on serving Business Banking customers in select industries, including Investment Real Estate and Food and Agriculture. The team will also partner with other Wells Fargo businesses that are serving customers in similar industries.
Serving more than 100,000 businesses across the U.S. with annual sales generally from $5 million to $20 million, BBG provides a range of services, including credit, cash management, risk management, succession, and wealth management.
“We created the new regional structure and established the specialized industry group to be closer to our Business Banking customers and continue to provide them with the financial services, products, and advice they need to manage risk, maximize efficiency and grow their business,” said Laura Oberst, head of Wells Fargo’s Business Banking Group. “This is an important and growing segment for Wells Fargo, and we want to ensure we are best positioned to serve the needs of our customers.”
The new structure now includes the East, Midwest, Mountain, Northeast, Pacific Northwest, SoCal Nevada and Southwest regions.
- East Region is led by Lucia DiNapoli Gibbons, a 15-year company veteran. Based in Summit, Gibbons oversees Business Banking operations in D.C., Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Prior to her current role, Gibbons was the Business Banking manager of the former Eastern region.
- Midwest Region is led by Tim Billerbeck, a 27 -year company veteran. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, Billerbeck oversees Business Banking operations in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Prior to his current role, Billerbeck was division manager for the Wells Fargo Middle Market Banking Beverage Finance Division and region sales manager for the Middle Market Banking south region.
- Mountain Region is led by Jennifer Anderson, 20-year company veteran. Based in Phoenix, Anderson oversees Business Banking operations in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. Prior to her current role, Anderson was the Business Banking manager for Arizona, Nevada and Utah.
- Northeast Region is led by John Cole, 17-year company veteran. Based in Summit, Cole oversees Business Banking operations in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Delaware. Prior to his current role, Cole led the Northeast region as part of the previous structure for the Eastern Region.
- Pacific Northwest Region is led by Laura MacNeil, 11-year company veteran. Based in Seattle, MacNeil oversees Business Banking operations in Alaska, Oregon, Northern California and Washington. Prior to her current role, MacNeil was head of Risk Management and Compliance for Wells Fargo’s Middle Market Banking Division.
- Southern California Nevada Region is led by Steve Bernstein, a 15-year company veteran. Based in San Diego, Bernstein leads Business Banking operations in Southern California and Nevada. Prior to his current role, Bernstein served as division manager for the Southern California division of Business Banking.
- Southwest Region is led by Dean Rennell, a 34-year company veteran. Based in Phoenix, Rennell leads Business Banking operations in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico and Texas. Prior to his current role, he managed Business Banking for the Western Mountain region.
- National Specialty Industry Group is led by Don Fracchia, 37-year company veteran. Prior to his current role, Fracchia managed Business Banking operations for the Pacific Midwest region.