Walmart is reaching out to local entrepreneurs across the US, looking to serve up the big break they’ve hoped for, during Walmart’s Open Call scheduled for June 13 in Bentonville, Arkansas. Those interested can apply now for a chance to secure a seat at a table with one of the company’s buyers by visiting walmart-jump.com. The deadline is May 4.
In January 2013, Walmart announced its intention to help boost job creation and US manufacturing by buying an additional $250 billion in products that support American jobs during the next 10 years. Based on data from Boston Consulting Group, it’s estimated that 1 million new US jobs will be created through this initiative. Last year, Walmart spent $12.6 billion with New Jersey suppliers, supporting 72,998 local jobs.
“Walmart’s one day “Open Call” event was the most amazing experience,” said Nadine Savino, president of Universal Spill Proof Bottle Cap. It was the American dream come true for a small business owner like myself. After pitching the GCap, I was handed the coveted “green ticket” that awarded the opportunity to have my product available in 200 stores nationwide the following Spring. With Walmart as a partner my company has grown leaps and bounds. In only a few short months we have begun planning for future expansion. Thank you Walmart!”
“Walmart’s investment in US – manufactured products goes beyond the shelf”, said Cindi Marsiglio, Walmart’s vice president of Merchandise Services and US Manufacturing. “The investment is also in the entrepreneurs’ dream, and that can be an emotional experience for everyone involved,” “By investing in products that support American jobs, we’re able to bring new products to our shelves and new jobs to our communities.”
Attendees at this year’s Open Call could secure deals ranging from a handful of stores in a local market to supplying hundreds or even thousands of stores, Sam’s Club locations, and Walmart.com. The daylong event informs, empowers, and encourages all who attend, while providing a great networking opportunity for local entrepreneurs.
A brand new batch of products identified during the 2017 Open Call event recently landed on Walmart store shelves, representing the dreams of dozens of entrepreneurs across the country, including:
· Orlando residents are beaming with pride after O’Dang Hummus fulfilled founder Jesse Wolfe’s childhood dream and secured a deal to put its low calorie healthy snack on Walmart shelves. As of today, the O’Dang Hummus products can be found in more than 2,000 stores.
· ZolliPops CEO Alina Morse proves that age is only a number. The 12-year old entrepreneur from Michigan landed her products on the shelves of more than 4,500 Walmart locations.
· Sleep is essential and Terra Beauty Products Bars showcased its Florida-manufactured Go To Sleep Natural Pillow Mist to buyers, earning the product a trial in 85 stores.
· Curries by Nature Simmer Sauces is a Texas-based business that landed a deal to sell its authentic Indian Simmer Sauce in more than 400 stores.
· The health & beauty category is testing Sundari, LLC’s Neem Hand Oil in approximately 100 stores. The quality hand oil is manufactured in California.
· RedHead Wine of Youngstown, Ohio, is the product of a third-generation wine maker who paired perfectly with Walmart during Open Call in 2017, securing a deal to be on the shelves of more than 150 stores.
· Room décor takes on a whole new perspective with Decalcomania’s Augmented Reality Wall Posters, currently available in 1,000 stores and manufactured in Idaho.
· Louisiana’s woman-owned Southern Design secured a deal with Walmart to sell university-specific wall art. The unique product caught the eye of buyers with its on-trend look and uniqueness.
To access more business news, visit njbmagazine.comRelated Articles: