Aetna and RWJBarnabas Health, announced a new agreement that will be effective on April 22, 2017. Aetna members, who receive care at any of the RWJBarnabas Health hospitals and facilities, or from RWJBarnabas Health physicians, will continue to be covered at the in-network level of benefits available. As a result of this agreement, there will be no disruption in coverage.
“This is exciting news for our members,” said Michael Costa, Aetna’s Executive Director for New Jersey. “Our relationship with RWJBarnabas continues to thrive and we are excited to continue to work with them to transform health care for our customers and members in New Jersey.”
“RWJBarnabas Health is very pleased to have reached an agreement with Aetna, avoiding any disruption to the care of our patients who are Aetna participants and subscribers,” stated Jay Picerno, Chief Operating Officer for RWJBarnabas Health. “RWJBarnabas Health is committed to providing the highest quality care to our patients and, by continuing and strengthening our relationship with Aetna, we look forward to offering the finest care to all Aetna participants and subscribers, as always.”
The new agreement applies to all Aetna health plan products. Hospitals included in the agreement are:
- Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark
- Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-Rahway
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-New Brunswick
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-Somerset
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-Hamilton
- Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch
- Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood
- Community Medical Center in Toms River
- Barnabas Health Behavioral Health Center in Toms River
The agreement also includes covered outpatient services provided by RWJBarnabas Health as well as ambulatory surgery centers, hospice, home care, and infusion services.
Aetna serves approximately 1.2 million members in New Jersey.