In this, New Jersey Business magazine’s fourth annual Economic Development Handbook, we present our readers with the robust and vital assistance businesses all over the world can avail themselves of when deciding to locate and expand a business in the Garden State. On the following pages, you will learn about the different state and federal agencies that are helping businesses with their financial, site location, workforce training, high-tech and overall startup needs. You will also discover how the Partnership for Action, which includes Choose New Jersey, Business Action Center, the New Jersey Economic Development Authority and the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, is quickly responding to and solving a broad range of business issues, all with the goal of creating jobs in New Jersey.
You will also read about economic sectors that businesses depend upon for success, including energy, healthcare, higher education and transportation. We round out this group of stories with an article on New Jersey tourism, because we all know that quality of life and recreation are as important as – and should be part of – one’s work ethic.
Read Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno’s letter: 2014-NJ-Economic-Handbook-Letter
4th Annual Economic Development Handbook Contents:
- What It Takes to Market the State – Choose New Jersey aides in business attraction and expansion.
- New Jersey Takes Action – Business can find the assistance they need at the BAC.
- NJEDA Celebrates 40 Years – Statewide economic development agency reaches a major milestone as it continues to help mold and strengthen New Jersey’s business landscape.
- Academia and Industry: Perfect Together
- Improving Workers’ Skills – The state’s Department of Labor is hard at work for businesses and employers.
- Maintaining a Robust Energy Infrastructure – How utilities keep businesses powered-up.
- Small Businesses Can Thrive in the Garden State – The SBA New Jersey District Office sees growth in loan approvals.
- NJSBDCs Keep Growing Businesses – Twelve centers throughout the state are dedicated to small business needs.
- Small Businesses are Finding Warmer Reception at Area Banks – Financial institutes of all sizes are helping New Jersey businesses.
- New Jersey’s Top-Tier Healthcare – The state’s healthcare providers and payers – facing a host of challenges – nonetheless deliver increasingly superb medical care.
- New Jersey Tourism – Strength in its diversity.
- Transportation Improvements – Road and bridge refurbishments key to business growth.